A beautiful review of Naomi McIlwraith’s new book of poetry, in English and Cree, along with a picture/video by Edmonton Journal writer Paula Simons featuring Naomi reading. Wouldn’t it be nice if etymology were always so gentle and poetic.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Free Online: Cree: Language of the Plains / nēhiyawēwin: paskwāwi-pīkiskwēwin by Jean L. Okimāsis September 2, 2018
- 2018: nôcihitowipîsim / ᓅᒋᐦᐃᑐᐏᐲᓯᒼ / September August 31, 2018
- Master-Apprentice Michif Language Program August 11, 2018
- A prayer to the four directions: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, y-dialect) August 10, 2018
- Canoe Terminology (y-dialect) August 9, 2018