I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Twelve Great Ways to Help Yourself Learn Cree: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, audio) – Clone January 20, 2018
- Our Teachers: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, audio) January 6, 2018
- miyo-ocêhtowi-kîsikanisik: Happy Kissing Day! Happy 2018! (th- and y-dialect with audio) January 1, 2018
- 2018: kisêpîsim / ᑭᓭᐲᓯᒼ / January December 27, 2017
- Solomon’s Christmas Cards 2017 (y- and th-dialects with audio) December 25, 2017