I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cree Classes in Edmonton (October 2017) October 16, 2017
- What is SRO, and how can it help me learn Cree? October 16, 2017
- Ermineskin offering free Cree classes: Ponoka News October 16, 2017
- Cree Classes at Alexander First Nation October 14, 2017
- First Nations Circle of Knowledge and Practices Conference: Winston Wuttunee and William Dumas October 13, 2017