I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Solomon Ratt: Perpetual Calendar based on Lunar Cycles (y- and th-dialects) October 7, 2018
- Moose Cree Talking Dictionary October 6, 2018
- 2018: pimihâwipîsim / ᐱᒥᐦᐋᐏᐲᓯᒼ / October September 30, 2018
- kahkiyaw awâsisak sâkihâwak: All Children are Loved September 28, 2018
- Free Online: Cree: Language of the Plains / nēhiyawēwin: paskwāwi-pīkiskwēwin by Jean L. Okimāsis September 2, 2018