I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- What I did on Mid-term Break – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) August 23, 2017
- Solar Eclipse, 21 August 2017 August 20, 2017
- How do you say hamburger in Cree? August 20, 2017
- Rescued from the West Coast Trail – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, audio) August 19, 2017
- Reclaiming the legacy of Mistahi Maskwa August 19, 2017