I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Chief Anus: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) February 17, 2019
- Good news for Valentine’s Day! Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) February 13, 2019
- miyo-sâkihitowin-kîsikanisik 2019! Talking Hearts February 13, 2019
- Midnight Shine: Heart of Gold Video January 31, 2019
- Speaking Cree to Power January 30, 2019