How nice to celebrate National Aboriginal Day by congratulating these two fine gentlemen on attaining their Masters of Arts in Indigenous Languages, the first degrees of this kind ever granted in Canada. Kevin and Wayne convocated yesterday, June 20, 2013, at Blue Quills First Nations College. Both are Plains Cree speakers; Kevin is from ministikwan, and Wayne is from kâ-miyosick kinosêwak.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Free Online: Cree: Language of the Plains / nēhiyawēwin: paskwāwi-pīkiskwēwin by Jean L. Okimāsis September 2, 2018
- 2018: nôcihitowipîsim / ᓅᒋᐦᐃᑐᐏᐲᓯᒼ / September August 31, 2018
- Master-Apprentice Michif Language Program August 11, 2018
- A prayer to the four directions: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, y-dialect) August 10, 2018
- Canoe Terminology (y-dialect) August 9, 2018