This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom February 17, 2017
- āstamik pī-nitohtamok ācathohkīwina ōti mistahi-sākahikanihk February 17, 2017
- Blue Quills Conference on Indigenous Thought, May 2017 February 16, 2017
- Dr Freda Ahenakew Branch: Saskatoon Public Library Naming Ceremony February 15, 2017
- miyo-sâkihitowin-kîsikanisik! Happy Love Day! February 14, 2017