This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Language Keepers Conference 2018 November 2, 2018
- 2018: ihkopîwipîsim / ᐃᐦᑯᐲᐏᐲᓯᒼ / November October 31, 2018
- Solomon Ratt: Perpetual Calendar based on Lunar Cycles (y- and th-dialects) October 7, 2018
- Moose Cree Talking Dictionary October 6, 2018
- 2018: pimihâwipîsim / ᐱᒥᐦᐋᐏᐲᓯᒼ / October September 30, 2018