This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- What I did on Mid-term Break – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) August 23, 2017
- Solar Eclipse, 21 August 2017 August 20, 2017
- How do you say hamburger in Cree? August 20, 2017
- Rescued from the West Coast Trail – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, audio) August 19, 2017
- Reclaiming the legacy of Mistahi Maskwa August 19, 2017