This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- 2016: pawâcakinisîsipîsim / ᐸᐚᒐᑭᓂᓰᓯᐲᓯᒼ / December November 30, 2016
- Online Weekly Cree Study Group with Dorothy Thunder November 29, 2016
- tipiskâwi-pîsim kîthânaw / We are moon: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, with audio) November 29, 2016
- tâniwâ / Where? Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, with audio) November 5, 2016
- 2016: ihkopîwipîsim / ᐃᐦᑯᐲᐏᐲᓯᒼ / November October 31, 2016