Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- 2016: pawâcakinisîsipîsim / ᐸᐚᒐᑭᓂᓰᓯᐲᓯᒼ / December November 30, 2016
- Online Weekly Cree Study Group with Dorothy Thunder November 29, 2016
- tipiskâwi-pîsim kîthânaw / We are moon: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, with audio) November 29, 2016
- tâniwâ / Where? Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, with audio) November 5, 2016
- 2016: ihkopîwipîsim / ᐃᐦᑯᐲᐏᐲᓯᒼ / November October 31, 2016