Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cree language facts for editors of English and French: The Cree Language Family August 15, 2017
- akihtâsona – Numbers Poster August 3, 2017
- 2017: ohpahowipîsim / ᐅᐦᐸᐦᐅᐏᐲᓯᒼ / August July 31, 2017
- Poundmaker Museum Opening: With thanks to David MacKinnon and Roxanne Tootoosis July 18, 2017
- #CreeSimonSays: When is the best time to learn Cree? July 8, 2017