Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom February 17, 2017
- āstamik pī-nitohtamok ācathohkīwina ōti mistahi-sākahikanihk February 17, 2017
- Blue Quills Conference on Indigenous Thought, May 2017 February 16, 2017
- Dr Freda Ahenakew Branch: Saskatoon Public Library Naming Ceremony February 15, 2017
- miyo-sâkihitowin-kîsikanisik! Happy Love Day! February 14, 2017