Arden Ogg: Publications, Papers Read and Books Produced
- kinêhiyâwiwininaw nêhiyawêwin / The Cree Language is Our Identity: The La Ronge Lectures of Sarah Whitecalf. Edited, translated and with a glossary by H.C. Wolfart & Freda Ahenakew, 1993.
- âtalôhkâna nêsta tipâcimôwina / Cree Legends and Narratives from the West Coast of James Bay. Told by Simeon Scott et al. Text and translation. Edited, translated and with a glossary by C. Douglas Ellis, 1995.
- ana kâ-pimwêwêhahk okakêskihkêmowina / The Counselling Speeches of Jim Kâ-Nîpitêhtêw. Edited, translated and with a glossary by Freda Ahenakew & H.C. Wolfart, 1998.
- âh-âyîtaw isi ê-kî-kiskêyihtahkik maskihkiy / They Knew Both Sides of Medicine: Cree Tales of Curing and Cursing Told by Alice Ahenakew. Edited and translated by H.C. Wolfart & Freda Ahenakew, 2000.
- Hinónó’éínoo3ítoono / Arapaho Historical Traditions Told by Paul Moss. Edited, translated, and with a glossary by Andrew Cowell & Alonzo Moss, Sr., 2006.
- pisiskiwak kâ-pîkiskwêcik / Talking Animals. Told [in Swampy Cree] by L. Beardy, Edited and Translated by H.C. Wolfart. 1988. [includes syllabic texts]
- Leonard Bloomfield’s Fox Lexicon: Critical Edition. Ives Goddard. 1994.
- The Student’s Dictionary of Literary Plains Cree, Based on Contemporary Texts. H.C. Wolfart & Freda Ahenakew. 1998.
- Essays in Algonquian, Catawban and Siouan Linguistics in Memory of Frank T. Siebert, Jr. Edited by Blair A. Rudes & David J. Costa. 2003.
- The Autobiography of a Meskwaki Woman: A New Edition and Translation. Ives Goddard. 2006.
- The Owl Sacred Pack: A New Edition and Translation of the Meskwaki Manuscript of Alfred Kiyana. Ives Goddard. 2007.
Titles from Other Publishers
- kôhkominawak otâcimowiniwâwa / Our Grandmothers’ Lives, as Told in Their Own Words. Told by Glecia Bear et al. Edited and translated by F. Ahenakew & H.C. Wolfart. Saskatoon: Fifth House Publishers, 1992. [facsimile reprint, with new preface: Canadian Plains Reprint Series, Canadian Plains Research Centre, University of Regina, 1998]
- kwayask ê-kî-pê-kiskinowâpahtihicik / Their Example Showed Me the Way: A Cree Woman’s Life Shaped by Two Cultures. Told by Emma Minde. Edited, translated and with a glossary by F. Ahenakew & H.C. Wolfart. Edmonton, University of Alberta Press, 1997. [Alberta Book Award 1998: “Scholarly Title of the Year”]
- Anihshininiimowin Oji-Cree Dictionary (Severn River and Winisk River Dialects). Kwayaciiwin Education Resource Centre, Sioux Lookout, Ontario, 2014. [See publisher’s catalog entry on page 21 at http://www.kwayaciiwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/KERC-Catalogue-March-2015.pdf]
Original Publications and Presentations
- Ojibwa tales of the Foolish Maidens. 1989. Actes du 20e Congrès des Algonquinistes, ed. by William Cowan, pp. 279-291. Ottawa: Carleton University.
- Four Cree Love Songs: The Interaction of Text and Music. 1990. Canadian Journal of Native Studies 8.2:231-250.
- Cited in Carl Morey. Music in Canada: A Research and Information Guide. New York: Routledge. 1997.
- Cited in William H. New. Encyclopedia of Literature in Canada. University of Toronto Press, 2002.
- Cited in Anna Hoefnagels and Beverley Diamond. Aboriginal Music in Contemporary Canada: Echoes and Exchanges. McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2012.
- nikotwâsik iskwâhtêm, pâskihtêpayih! Studies in Honour of H.C. Wolfart. 1996. Edited by John D. Nichols & Arden C. Ogg. [paper read at 40th Algonquian Conference, 2008]
Lost in Translation: Multicultural misconstruals in the Cree performance of a Dakota hymn.
- Cree language maintenance: A lesson in four generations. 2011. Say Magazine, 2011 Canada & US University and College Guide, pp. 52-53.
- Arden C. Ogg & Ken Paupanekis. 2011. Building Cree Language Literacy Through Standard Spelling. Poster Presentation for the Manitoba Aboriginal Literacy Symposium, “New Relationships- New Opportunities.” Winnipeg.
- Review of Priscilla Settee, The Strength of Women: âhkamêyihowak. Canadian Journal of Native Studies. 32.1:221. 2012.
- Arden Ogg & Dorothy Thunder. 2013, 2014. Cree Language Facts for Editors of French and English. Language Portal of Canada, June 2013, October 2013, March 2014 (Federal government website for language professionals). http://www.noslangues-ourlanguages.gc.ca/collaborateurs-contributors/articles/lang-crie-cree-lang-eng.html