Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Darren Okemaysim visits Parliament with Robert Falcon Ouellette April 19, 2018
- FNU 2018 Powwow – Darren Okemaysim April 19, 2018
- 2018: ayîkipîsim / ᐊᔩᑭᐲᓯᒼ / April March 31, 2018
- Love Pours – Billy Joe Laboucan (Northern y-dialect) March 25, 2018
- Cree Language Gathering: Fisher River, Manitoba March 20, 2018