Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- From “A Framework for Indigenous Language Legislation” November 10, 2017
- Typing Syllabics on your Computer: Installing what you need via LanguageGeek November 10, 2017
- A Sweet Day for Literacy in Cree: Rosanna Deerchild, Calling Down the Sky November 9, 2017
- 2017 Language Keepers Conference – SICC November 8, 2017
- Harold Johnson in North Battleford: 10 November 2017 November 7, 2017