Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- All My Relations (Solomon Ratt, y-dialect, video) December 14, 2018
- Santa Visits Saddle Lake 2018 (video) December 13, 2018
- Edmonton Journal: StatCan report finds more people are learning Indigenous languages December 11, 2018
- 2018: pawâcakinisîsipîsim / ᐸᐚᒐᑭᓂᓰᓯᐲᓯᒼ / December November 30, 2018
- Janice Bone: Water, dreams and Treaties: Agnes Ross’ Mémékwésiwak stories and Treaty No. 5 November 29, 2018