Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Twelve Great Ways to Help Yourself Learn Cree: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, audio) – Clone January 20, 2018
- Our Teachers: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, audio) January 6, 2018
- miyo-ocêhtowi-kîsikanisik: Happy Kissing Day! Happy 2018! (th- and y-dialect with audio) January 1, 2018
- 2018: kisêpîsim / ᑭᓭᐲᓯᒼ / January December 27, 2017
- Solomon’s Christmas Cards 2017 (y- and th-dialects with audio) December 25, 2017