Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Christmas Songs & Carols – 2016 December 7, 2016
- 2016: pawâcakinisîsipîsim / ᐸᐚᒐᑭᓂᓰᓯᐲᓯᒼ / December November 30, 2016
- Online Weekly Cree Study Group with Dorothy Thunder November 29, 2016
- tipiskâwi-pîsim kîthânaw / We are moon: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, with audio) November 29, 2016
- tâniwâ / Where? Solomon Ratt (y-dialect, with audio) November 5, 2016