Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Wîsahkêcahk and the Chickadee – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) April 19, 2017
- Horse Pace: Billy Joe Laboucan April 18, 2017
- “Lest I Forget” Solomon Ratt (audio, th-dialect) April 17, 2017
- pisiskiwak: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom April 11, 2017
- Cree Classes in Calgary April 4, 2017