I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Poundmaker Museum Opening: With thanks to David MacKinnon and Roxanne Tootoosis July 18, 2017
- 2017: paskowipîsim / ᐸᐢᑯᐏᐲᓯᒼ / July June 30, 2017
- kiskisiwin | remembering: Martha Stiegman and Jesse Thistle June 27, 2017
- Father’s Day Wiener Roast: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird June 20, 2017
- Health Canada: Canada’s Food Guide in Plains Cree and in Woods Cree, 2009 June 11, 2017