I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 18. Wayne Jackson: Syllabics Song April 6, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 17. Dolores Greyeyes Sand, Classics in Cree April 4, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 19. Social Distancing April 3, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 16. Dorothy Thunder Introduces Animate and Inanimate April 2, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 15. Colours April 1, 2020