I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Neal McLeod and Kegedonce launch Neechie Hustle September 19, 2017
- Wayne Jackson: tipiskâw mêkwac (y-dialect, audio) September 18, 2017
- Tomson Highway at the Winnipeg Art Gallery September 16, 2017
- “Feds Rushing to help save endangered Indigenous languages” September 15, 2017
- Charlie Venne: Cree Verbs with Caitlyn (th-dialect, video) September 13, 2017