I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- mahti êkâwiya (Please don’t!): Be careful with idioms (Solomon Ratt) January 16, 2020
- ita kiskîthihtamowin kâ-ohtinamahk: where we get knowledge (Solomon Ratt: th-dialect) January 12, 2020
- Sacred Teachings: Solomon Ratt (y- and th-dialects with audio) January 11, 2020
- miyo-ohcêtowi-kîsikanisik 2020! December 31, 2019
- My 2019 IYIL Cree Literacy Quest December 31, 2019