I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- A quote from Gary Zukov: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) October 22, 2019
- Unifying Written Inuktitut: Choosing Standard Spelling to Support Language Retention October 17, 2019
- My Heart Fills with Happiness: 550,000 Books in Plains Cree distributed across Canada October 16, 2019
- môswa kâ-itâpacihiht / How Moose can be Used: Solomon Ratt (th- and y-dialects) October 15, 2019
- Thanksgiving 2019: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019