I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- This Land is Your Land: Laura Burnouf (audio, y-dialect) May 20, 2019
- Know What You Throw: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) May 18, 2019
- Gardening Vocabulary (y-dialect) May 15, 2019
- Exonerating Poundmaker: The role of late Tyrone Tootoosis, Sr (y-dialect, audio) May 13, 2019
- miyo okâwîmâwi-kîsikanisik: Happy Mother’s Day May 11, 2019