I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- nîhithaw âcimowina / Woods Cree Stories: Introduction (th-dialect, audio) January 18, 2017
- Solomon Ratt: Wisahkêcahk and the Moose (y-dialect, video) January 13, 2017
- wîsahkîcâhk and the wîhtikow (th-dialect, video) January 11, 2017
- Hinterland Who’s Who – in Cree! January 7, 2017
- 2017: kisêpîsim / ᑭᓭᐲᓯᒼ / January December 31, 2016