I’ve been a fan of George Littlechild’s stunningly dramatic work ever since the late Freda Ahenakew commissioned him to illustrate her first two children’s books (now — criminally — out of print both in Cree and in English). So I was thrilled to discover that George Littlechild would be launching his new book at Audrey’s in Edmonton yesterday, then equally devastated to discover my flight home to Winnipeg would leave before it ended! I didn’t have a chance to buy a copy there, but I’ll be looking for one today at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Neon Cree in Winnipeg: Joi T. Arcand March 15, 2018
- Public Art in Saskatoon: sîpiy mîna kîsik March 15, 2018
- Billy Joe Laboucan: Cooperation Bush-style March 7, 2018
- A rant in favour of Standard Spelling Systems – but not for the purpose you think (Arok Wolvengrey) March 4, 2018
- 2018: niskipîsim / ᓂᐢᑭᐲᓯᒼ / March February 28, 2018