How nice to celebrate National Aboriginal Day by congratulating these two fine gentlemen on attaining their Masters of Arts in Indigenous Languages, the first degrees of this kind ever granted in Canada. Kevin and Wayne convocated yesterday, June 20, 2013, at Blue Quills First Nations Colleget. Both are Plains Cree speakers; Kevin is from ministikwan, and Wayne is from kâ-miyosick kinosêwak.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Poundmaker Museum Opening: With thanks to David MacKinnon and Roxanne Tootoosis July 18, 2017
- 2017: paskowipîsim / ᐸᐢᑯᐏᐲᓯᒼ / July June 30, 2017
- kiskisiwin | remembering: Martha Stiegman and Jesse Thistle June 27, 2017
- Father’s Day Wiener Roast: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird June 20, 2017
- Health Canada: Canada’s Food Guide in Plains Cree and in Woods Cree, 2009 June 11, 2017