This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cousin Simon: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom May 17, 2017
- Canada, O Canada, 150 Years – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect with audio) May 16, 2017
- iskwêwak / ᐃᐢᑵᐘᐠ / Women – Solomon Ratt May 8, 2017
- 2017: sâkipakâwipîsim / ᓵᑭᐸᑳᐏᐲᓯᒼ / May April 30, 2017
- Wîsahkêcahk and the Chickadee – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) April 19, 2017