This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Rock Your Mocs Week, 9-16 November 2019 November 14, 2019
- SICC Language Keepers Conference 2019 November 12, 2019
- A Cree Reminiscence from WWI: Rev. Canon Edward Ahenakew November 8, 2019
- Honouring Indigenous Veterans 2019 November 8, 2019
- Prayer for Protectors: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) November 7, 2019