This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 19. Social Distancing April 3, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 16. Dorothy Thunder Introduces Animate and Inanimate April 2, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 15. Colours April 1, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 14. A little prayer (y- and th-dialects) March 31, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 13. Daily Activities March 30, 2020