This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- nîhithaw âcimowina / Woods Cree Stories: Introduction (th-dialect, audio) January 18, 2017
- Solomon Ratt: Wisahkêcahk and the Moose (y-dialect, video) January 13, 2017
- wîsahkîcâhk and the wîhtikow (th-dialect, video) January 11, 2017
- Hinterland Who’s Who – in Cree! January 7, 2017
- 2017: kisêpîsim / ᑭᓭᐲᓯᒼ / January December 31, 2016