This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cultural Survival: Art Napoleon (northern y-dialect) February 19, 2020
- Dawn Marie Marchand at Câhcacêp Art & Tea House, Edmonton February 12, 2020
- Passionate Hearts from Simon Bird 2020 February 12, 2020
- I Love to Read Month: Westgrove School, Winnipeg February 11, 2020
- Look who’s watching: Hockey in Cree February 9, 2020