This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- 2021 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects September 15, 2020
- New nêhiyawêwin Classroom Materials from Blue Quills August 28, 2020
- A man who cooks: Wayne Jackson (y-dialect) August 24, 2020
- Covid Safety Reminder: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) July 31, 2020
- Hot off the Press: Pocket Plains Cree for Kids and Parents (Solomon Ratt: y-dialect) June 20, 2020