This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- 2020 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects – Final Version September 13, 2019
- 2020 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects September 5, 2019
- Live, Love, Laugh! August 26, 2019
- Kokum Rap: Maria Campbell, Rita Bouvier, Maxine Roy, Louise Halfe with Zoey Roy August 21, 2019
- Google Earth Celebrates Indigenous Languages – Including Cree August 12, 2019