This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- This Land is Your Land: Laura Burnouf (audio, y-dialect) May 20, 2019
- Know What You Throw: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) May 18, 2019
- Gardening Vocabulary (y-dialect) May 15, 2019
- Exonerating Poundmaker: The role of late Tyrone Tootoosis, Sr (y-dialect, audio) May 13, 2019
- miyo okâwîmâwi-kîsikanisik: Happy Mother’s Day May 11, 2019