This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Hello/Goodbye #CreeSimonSays #LilMoshom March 23, 2017
- Cree Online Study Group Continues March 15, 2017
- 2017: niskipîsim / ᓂᐢᑭᐲᓯᒼ / March February 28, 2017
- Respecting pisiskowak (the dangers of Pokemon teachings) #CreeSimonSays #LilMoshom February 20, 2017
- #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom February 17, 2017