This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- kâhkâkiw: The Common Raven (th-dialect) July 19, 2019
- Towards a Cree Listening Library: Francis Saysewehum and Sylvia McAdam (Saysewehum) July 10, 2019
- Teaching Fractions: Barry Ahenakew July 8, 2019
- Wâhkôhtowin: A Cree Way of Living (Andrea Smith, The Tyee) June 27, 2019
- National Indigenous Peoples Day 2019 June 21, 2019