This brief TVO video reflects on the value to Aboriginal children of seeing themselves, their language and their culture reflected at school. Another reminder of the importance of creating not only books in Cree, but also culturally appropriate books in English to help bridge the gap. The speaker is Pamela Toulouse, associate professor in the School of Education at Laurentian University.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Neal McLeod and Kegedonce launch Neechie Hustle September 19, 2017
- Wayne Jackson: tipiskâw mêkwac (y-dialect, audio) September 18, 2017
- Tomson Highway at the Winnipeg Art Gallery September 16, 2017
- “Feds Rushing to help save endangered Indigenous languages” September 15, 2017
- Charlie Venne: Cree Verbs with Caitlyn (th-dialect, video) September 13, 2017