Over the years, it has been my privilege to get to know a number of dedicated scholars I like to think of as “Mighty Women”. It’s an honour just to be in their presence, and watch them go! I’m delighted to share this acknowledgement of this one, my friend Marguerite MacKenzie of Memorial University of Newfoundland, who has made a life-long commitment to Cree language in northern Quebec.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- This Land is Your Land: Laura Burnouf (audio, y-dialect) May 20, 2019
- Know What You Throw: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) May 18, 2019
- Gardening Vocabulary (y-dialect) May 15, 2019
- Exonerating Poundmaker: The role of late Tyrone Tootoosis, Sr (y-dialect, audio) May 13, 2019
- miyo okâwîmâwi-kîsikanisik: Happy Mother’s Day May 11, 2019