Over the years, it has been my privilege to get to know a number of dedicated scholars I like to think of as “Mighty Women”. It’s an honour just to be in their presence, and watch them go! I’m delighted to share this acknowledgement of this one, my friend Marguerite MacKenzie of Memorial University of Newfoundland, who has made a life-long commitment to Cree language in northern Quebec.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Unifying Written Inuktitut: Choosing Standard Spelling to Support Language Retention October 17, 2019
- My Heart Fills with Happiness: 550,000 Books in Plains Cree distributed across Canada October 16, 2019
- môswa kâ-itâpacihiht / How Moose can be Used: Solomon Ratt (th- and y-dialects) October 15, 2019
- Thanksgiving 2019: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019
- miskanâw – Country Road – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019