Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- This Land is Your Land: Laura Burnouf (audio, y-dialect) May 20, 2019
- Know What You Throw: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) May 18, 2019
- Gardening Vocabulary (y-dialect) May 15, 2019
- Exonerating Poundmaker: The role of late Tyrone Tootoosis, Sr (y-dialect, audio) May 13, 2019
- miyo okâwîmâwi-kîsikanisik: Happy Mother’s Day May 11, 2019