Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 21. A Spring Bike Ride April 8, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 20. Question Words April 7, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 18. Wayne Jackson: Syllabics Song April 6, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 17. Dolores Greyeyes Sand, Classics in Cree April 4, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 19. Social Distancing April 3, 2020