Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Neal McLeod and Kegedonce launch Neechie Hustle September 19, 2017
- Wayne Jackson: tipiskâw mêkwac (y-dialect, audio) September 18, 2017
- Tomson Highway at the Winnipeg Art Gallery September 16, 2017
- “Feds Rushing to help save endangered Indigenous languages” September 15, 2017
- Charlie Venne: Cree Verbs with Caitlyn (th-dialect, video) September 13, 2017