Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cultural Survival: Art Napoleon (northern y-dialect) February 19, 2020
- Dawn Marie Marchand at Câhcacêp Art & Tea House, Edmonton February 12, 2020
- Passionate Hearts from Simon Bird 2020 February 12, 2020
- I Love to Read Month: Westgrove School, Winnipeg February 11, 2020
- Look who’s watching: Hockey in Cree February 9, 2020