Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Unifying Written Inuktitut: Choosing Standard Spelling to Support Language Retention October 17, 2019
- My Heart Fills with Happiness: 550,000 Books in Plains Cree distributed across Canada October 16, 2019
- môswa kâ-itâpacihiht / How Moose can be Used: Solomon Ratt (th- and y-dialects) October 15, 2019
- Thanksgiving 2019: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019
- miskanâw – Country Road – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019