Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cousin Simon: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom May 17, 2017
- Canada, O Canada, 150 Years – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect with audio) May 16, 2017
- iskwêwak / ᐃᐢᑵᐘᐠ / Women – Solomon Ratt May 8, 2017
- 2017: sâkipakâwipîsim / ᓵᑭᐸᑳᐏᐲᓯᒼ / May April 30, 2017
- Wîsahkêcahk and the Chickadee – Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) April 19, 2017