Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- kakîpâtisak: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) March 19, 2019
- Eugene Cardinal: In Memoriam March 18, 2019
- Fragments of Reality: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) March 17, 2019
- Joe Fafard: oskana kâ-asastêki March 17, 2019
- A Meditation for Smudging: Pearleen Kanewopasikot (y-dialect) March 15, 2019