Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Birch Syrup Video: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) April 19, 2019
- Lip Syncing with Shaking Spear: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) April 18, 2019
- SRO and Alphabet Soup: Building Cree Language Literacy through Standard Spelling April 17, 2019
- kimaskihkêminaw / Our Medicine: Wayne Jackson (y-dialect) April 17, 2019
- kācikan / Hideling: Billy Joe Laboucan (y-dialect) April 16, 2019