Quoting Wayne Goodspirit from the archives of the Facebook Group “Nêhiyawêwin (Cree) Word/Phrase of the Day”:
ayisk nîwiya ê-itêyihtamân kî-ayiman wahwês êtikwê ta-kisin’ pipohk.
A long time ago, it was considered a blessing to surpass the tough test each winter would bring our ancestors.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Honour Song (y-dialect) May 29, 2020
- Language Teacher Training Opportunity May 25, 2020
- Simple Man: Art Napoleon (Northern y-dialect) May 21, 2020
- In the Beginning (Bible Story): Dolores Sand (y-dialect) May 15, 2020
- Caring: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) May 14, 2020