This collection from Solomon Ratt use seven little real life stories to demonstrate traditional Cree cultural teachings.
1. Respect – kistêyihtamowin – ᑭᐢᑌᔨᐦᑕᒧᐃᐧᐣ
2. Protocol: age appropriate conduct – ka-ispitisihk isîhcikêwin – ᑲ ᐃᐢᐱᑎᓯᕁ ᐃᓰᐦᒋᑫᐃᐧᐣ
3. Humility – tapahtêyimisowin – ᑕᐸᐦᑌᔨᒥᓱᐃᐧᐣ
4. Sharing and Generosity – nikwatisiwin êkwa mâtinamâkêwin – ᓂᑲᐧᑎᓯᐃᐧᐣ ᐁᑲᐧ ᒫᑎᓇᒫᑫᐃᐧᐣ
5. Faith – tâpokêyihtamowin – ᑖᐳᑫᔨᐦᑕᒧᐃᐧᐣ
6. Kindness – kisêwâtisiwin – ᑭᓭᐋᐧᑎᓯᐃᐧᐣ
7. Passing on teachings – âniskô-kiskinwahamâkêwin – ᐋᓂᐢᑰ ᑭᐢᑭᓇᐧᐦᐊᒫᑫᐃᐧᐣ
māmaskāc! tāpwē nicihkēyihtēn ōma. ay-hay Arden and sālāmo!!!
This is very thorough with audio, SRO, english AND syllabics…we learners have no excuse!
Wait til you see Ben Godden’s sentence mining files, Art. Next we’re going to get more input from *you*!
Many thanks for the inspiring website you’ve set up at creeliteracy.org. Your enthusiasm is certainly contagious. Thanks again!
I myself was infected by the late Freda Ahenakew – I’m happy to help pass it on!
Truth, love, courage, honesty, wisdom, humility and respect are the seven teachings. Hi-hi
Thanks for your comment. Solomon uses the teachings as he was given them around Stanley Mission. Different areas may choose different values to focus upon.