Thanks to Winston Wuttunee and William Dumas for their workshop session on teaching through songs and story-telling (we never got around to the dancing part). It was so much fun listening to master storytellers stringing us along that I attended twice. Wish I could remember half of their jokes. Having had William’s help with language puzzles by email, it was a delight to finally see him in action as MFNERC’s conference emcee, and finally meet him in person. It was also a treat to see Gerri and catch up. Now that they’ve back in Winnipeg. I sure hope to see them again soon!
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Towards a Cree Listening Library: Francis Saysewehum and Sylvia McAdam (Saysewehum) July 10, 2019
- Teaching Fractions: Barry Ahenakew July 8, 2019
- Wâhkôhtowin: A Cree Way of Living (Andrea Smith, The Tyee) June 27, 2019
- National Indigenous Peoples Day 2019 June 21, 2019
- Summary Paradigm Tables: The Decoder Ring of Cree Verbs (y- and th-dialects) June 18, 2019