Thanks to Maskwacis Education Schools Commission for sharing this great video, created by grade 4 and 5 students from Montana School- Meskanahk Ka Nipa Wit. Their amazing mini-movie is titled “This Is The Tipi Mosom Built”. It was directed by teacher Alison Peoples and features voiceovers by the class using the Cree vocabulary listed below. Nice work, grades 4 and 5!
- mosôm (grandfather – as used in English)
- pahkwêsikan (bannock, bread; flour)
- anikwacâs (squirrel; gopher)
- mahkêsîs (fox)
- paskwâwi-mostos (buffalo, bison)
- oskinîkiw (young man, male youth)
- oskinîkiskwêw (young woman; maiden)
- kôhkom (grandmother – as used in English)
Fabulous work !!
Awesome and great work! A good example on how to create resources that are student built.
I think Alison Peoples might like my script for
“Going on a Bear Hunt”. It would lend itself nicely to the kind of visual adaptation she has used here with her students. How do I contact her?