The articles, published in early 2019, were written as part of Andrea’s internship with The Tyee as a part of Journalists for Human Rights’ Emerging Indigenous Reporter program were later nominated as a finalist for the JHR/APTN Emerging Indigenous Journalist Award sponsored by the Canadian Association of Journalists. The Tyee report announcing the nomination is also included as a link below:
Wâhkôhtowin: A Cree Way Of Living
- Wâhkôhtowin: A Cree Way of Living
- How Four Cree Bands Used Wâhkôhtowin to Build a Better School System
- Could Wâhkôhtowin Help Us Fix Child Welfare?
- How a traditional way of seeing the world and our place in it offers a path for communities today.
- Andrea Smith a Finalist for National CAJ Award for Work in The Tyee