What a fabulous surprise to receive this treasure in the mail from University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills and its Cree Language Program Language Resource Developer, Tina Wellman. A tremendous amount of work has gone into creating this collection:
Cree classroom teachers will be especially pleased with the UnBQ Lesson Plan Kit ($40) that includes:
- Flash cards (photographic, full-colour ~ 5×7″)
- Memory game cards (that can also be used for “Go Fish”)
- 2 Lesson Plan books (12 lessons each, including vocabulary, activities and games)
- wâposo-tâpakwêwin (Rabbit Snaring)
- pipon mîciwin êkwa pipon mêtawêwina (Winter Food and Winter Games)
- USB stick loaded with
- printable/handout material
- 4 videos that compliment lesson plans and handouts.
- Be sure to ask about corresponding storybooks, which are sold separately.
A complete set of the twelve newest books can also be purchased as a set for $40.
A complete catalog list (including grade level and pricing) can be found here:
Send your orders (and questions) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and address!
(Note: Cree Literacy Network is not involved in sale or distribution of these materials, but sends warm congratulations to all involved in their creation.)