[updated 22 Feb, 7pm]
To join live Zoom session, Click Here
- Zoom sessions will take place each Monday in February: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd.
- Each session begins at 7pm Central Standard Time.
(7pm in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, 6pm in Alberta)
- Sessions will be jointly hosted by Solomon Ratt and Ramona MacKenzie
- Sessions will be recorded for later viewing online.
Video recordings from each session (thanks to Ramona MacKenzie) can be found at the following links:
Session One included:
Only one story was recorded in Session Two (thanks Ramona MacKenzie). By request, two stories* that weren’t recorded that day will be repeated in the remaining sessions.
Session 3 included five stories. The first three were experimentally drawn from an English-only publication, and translated back into Cree in performance, reclaiming and re-animating them in their original language.
- Origin of the Moon (English read by Arden Ogg)
- Wisahkecahk and the Rabbit (English read by Darian Âcikahtê)
- Wisahkecahk and the Moose’s Coat (English read by Ramona MacKenzie)
- *Wisahkecahk Migrates with the Geese (th-dialect) Solomon Ratt 2016, 2021
- *Wisahkecahk and the Wihtiko