Thanks to University nuhelot’įne thaiyots’į nistameyimâkanak Blue Quills and its Cree Language Program Language Resource Developer, Tina Wellman for another collection of great-looking classroom materials in Cree, this time focused on wâhkôhtowin: “kinship.”
Orders: With the UNBQ web store still under development, you’ll need to call or email Tina, or UNBQ reception to place orders:
- Reception: 780-645-4455.
- Tina: dial reception, then choose extension 135.
- Email: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and address!
New materials, all related to wâhkôhtowin (!) include:
- Lesson Plan book: 12 lessons, including vocabulary, activities and games
- Themed Flash cards (original artwork, full-colour ~ 5×7″)
- Themed Memory game cards (that can also be used for “Jeopardy”)
- Four related story books with original illustrations, two of which are new this year:
- waniskâ (illustrated by Draven Boulet)
- ê-kî-mâci-piciyâhk (illustrated by Bill Crouse)
- USB stick loaded with
- printable/handout material
- videos that compliment lesson plans and handouts.
Also eagerly awaited: Tina also announces that Plains Cree translations of 5 books by forever-popular Robert Munsch, will be available via the UNBQ store in the not-so-distant future.
(Note: Cree Literacy Network is not involved in sale or distribution of these materials, but sends warm congratulations to all involved in their creation.)