Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cree Demonstrative Pronouns by Andrea Custer (y-dialect) October 24, 2020
- Orange Shirt Day 2020 September 23, 2020
- New Moccasins for School 2020 September 22, 2020
- 2021 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects September 15, 2020
- New nêhiyawêwin Classroom Materials from Blue Quills August 28, 2020
Category Archives: Our Contributors
nâkatohkêyimâwasowinᓈᑲᑐᐦᑫᔨᒫᐘᓱᐏᐣCaring “A well-spoken sentence in Aturan is a straight line pointing. A well-spoken sentence in Aden is like a spiderweb, each strand with a meaning of its own, a piece of something greater, more complex.” Patrick Rothfuss. Cree is like … Continue reading
kikâwînawak kikî-sâkihikonawak pâmwayês ê-nihtâwikiyahk.ᑭᑳᐑᓇᐘᐠ ᑭᑮ ᓵᑭᐦᐃᑯᓇᐘᐠ ᐹᒷᔦᐢ ᐁ ᓂᐦᑖᐏᑭᔭᕽ᙮Our mothers loved us before we were born. Thanks to Karlee Fellner, celebrating her first Mother’s Day-in-waiting, for allowing us to share this image she painted for her own unborn child. It reminds us … Continue reading
Thanks to Wayne Jackson for sharing this song, written for the MMIW of Canada in 2009 as part of the CD compilation “Colours of My Life” Visit ReverbNation to find more of Wayne’s recordings.
A practice dialogue for students to describe the makeup of their family.