Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Father’s Day Wiener Roast: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird June 20, 2017
- Health Canada: Canada’s Food Guide in Plains Cree and in Woods Cree, 2009 June 11, 2017
- 2017: pâskâwihowipîsim / ᐹᐢᑳᐏᐦᐅᐏᐲᓯᒼ / June May 31, 2017
- Canada 150: Let’s celebrate survival – Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) May 31, 2017
- Cousin Simon: #CreeSimonSays: Simon Bird and #LilMoshom May 17, 2017