Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Midnight Shine: Heart of Gold (n-dialect) July 3, 2018
- 2018: paskowipîsim / ᐸᐢᑯᐏᐲᓯᒼ / July June 30, 2018
- Medicine Dog makes the CBC News June 30, 2018
- Rhonda Head sings O Canada with the Toronto Symphony (n-dialect) June 28, 2018
- Frog Lake Memories: CBC 1994 June 25, 2018