Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Ânskohk Aboriginal Literature Festival 2017: Saskatoon October 19, 2017
- A Syllabic Text from Remy Wes October 19, 2017
- Man-made Rainbows: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, audio) October 18, 2017
- Cree Classes for Kids at Maskwacîs (October 2017) October 17, 2017
- Syllabics and SRO: Two sides of the same coin October 17, 2017