Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- mahti êkâwiya (Please don’t!): Be careful with idioms (Solomon Ratt) January 16, 2020
- ita kiskîthihtamowin kâ-ohtinamahk: where we get knowledge (Solomon Ratt: th-dialect) January 12, 2020
- Sacred Teachings: Solomon Ratt (y- and th-dialects with audio) January 11, 2020
- miyo-ohcêtowi-kîsikanisik 2020! December 31, 2019
- My 2019 IYIL Cree Literacy Quest December 31, 2019