Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Let’s Speak Cree Together – mâmawi-nêhiyawêmototân February 20, 2018
- Maskosis Goes to School – New Cree App available online February 17, 2018
- Tyrone Tootoosis, Sr. In Memoriam February 13, 2018
- 2018: mikisiwipîsim / ᒥᑭᓯᐏᐲᓯᒼ / February January 31, 2018
- Super Blue Blood Moon – Vocabulary January 30, 2018