Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- A quote from Gary Zukov: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) October 22, 2019
- Unifying Written Inuktitut: Choosing Standard Spelling to Support Language Retention October 17, 2019
- My Heart Fills with Happiness: 550,000 Books in Plains Cree distributed across Canada October 16, 2019
- môswa kâ-itâpacihiht / How Moose can be Used: Solomon Ratt (th- and y-dialects) October 15, 2019
- Thanksgiving 2019: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect) October 12, 2019