Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Orange Shirt Day 2020 September 23, 2020
- New Moccasins for School 2020 September 22, 2020
- 2021 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects September 15, 2020
- New nêhiyawêwin Classroom Materials from Blue Quills August 28, 2020
- A man who cooks: Wayne Jackson (y-dialect) August 24, 2020