Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 18. Wayne Jackson: Syllabics Song April 6, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 17. Dolores Greyeyes Sand, Classics in Cree April 4, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 19. Social Distancing April 3, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 16. Dorothy Thunder Introduces Animate and Inanimate April 2, 2020
- Stay home: Learn Cree – 15. Colours April 1, 2020