Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- #CreeSimonSays: Lil Kohkom salutes the King of Rock n Roll August 16, 2017
- Cree language facts for editors of English and French: The Cree Language Family August 15, 2017
- akihtâsona – Numbers Poster August 3, 2017
- 2017: ohpahowipîsim / ᐅᐦᐸᐦᐅᐏᐲᓯᒼ / August July 31, 2017
- Poundmaker Museum Opening: With thanks to David MacKinnon and Roxanne Tootoosis July 18, 2017