Following are two segments of Bloomfield’s preface to the Plains Cree Texts, in which he describes the place and circumstances of their collection. The middle section of the Preface, which deals with Bloomfield’s phonological spelling system is omitted here, as the texts are presented here in the modified phonological writing system now known as Standard Roman Orthography.
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- kinipān cī / Are you sleeping? (y-dialect, audio) April 22, 2019
- Dawn Marie Marchand: Things to Pass On, 2012 April 21, 2019
- pimâtisiwin osâmi-apisâsin / Life is too short: Darren Okemaysim (y-dialect, audio) April 20, 2019
- Birch Syrup Video: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) April 19, 2019
- Lip Syncing with Shaking Spear: Solomon Ratt (y-dialect) April 18, 2019