Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Black Lives Matter (with audio) June 2, 2020
- University of Saskatchewan Graduate Honour Song (y-dialect) May 29, 2020
- Language Teacher Training Opportunity May 25, 2020
- Simple Man: Art Napoleon (Northern y-dialect) May 21, 2020
- In the Beginning (Bible Story): Dolores Sand (y-dialect) May 15, 2020
Tag Archives: Alberta
A nice piece by Brent Wittmeier from the Edmonton Journal about Reuben Quinn of Blue Quills and his “star chart” approach to teaching syllabics – and other cultural connections. Cree classes teach language from the inside out.
Video: Round Dance at Maskwacis http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/edmonton/Drumming+dancing+celebration+herald+beginning+Maskwacis/9339234/story.html
The city of Edmonton is using Plains Cree words to name two bridges on the southeast LRT extension in honour of the aboriginal community. Click here to read more.