Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Cree Demonstrative Pronouns by Andrea Custer (y-dialect) October 24, 2020
- Orange Shirt Day 2020 September 23, 2020
- New Moccasins for School 2020 September 22, 2020
- 2021 Calendar: Solomon Ratt, y- and th-dialects September 15, 2020
- New nêhiyawêwin Classroom Materials from Blue Quills August 28, 2020
Tag Archives: Edmonton
A nice piece by Brent Wittmeier from the Edmonton Journal about Reuben Quinn of Blue Quills and his “star chart” approach to teaching syllabics – and other cultural connections. Cree classes teach language from the inside out.
The city of Edmonton is using Plains Cree words to name two bridges on the southeast LRT extension in honour of the aboriginal community. Click here to read more.
Here are posters received today for Cree language classes in Saskatoon and Edmonton. The Saskatoon classes are free on a drop-in basis. I’m waiting for confirmation, but I think the instructor is Darryl Chamakese. The Edmonton class is being taught … Continue reading
Forwarded by Caylie Gnyra, of Little Cree Books, who organized a second meeting of Edmonton-area Cree speakers, teachers and students to discuss development of materials on Wednesday 6 March 2013. Looking forward to working with this crew, and getting some … Continue reading