I feel truly honoured to be in Edmonton this weekend – and to have had a chance this week to sit in at CILLDI on the Cree immersion course. Hay-hay, Dorothy Thunder, and all the students, including Angela Essen. One of the assignments given to the students was to work with Julie Flett’s beautiful book, Wild Berries, that introduces some Cree vocabulary. Dorothy and the students are working together to complete a translation into Plains Cree. The class will present the story as a play – in Cree – at the annual CILLDI banquet. And if we’re all really lucky, maybe we’ll have a new edition for Julie to propose to her publisher!
Search Cree Literacy Network
Subscribe to Cree Literacy Network
- Calling Lake Christmas 2017 – Don’t Miss It! December 7, 2017
- Merry Christmas from Calling Lake and Lance Cardinal (2016) December 7, 2017
- Catherine Moise’s Little Song (th-dialect, video) December 6, 2017
- 12 Days of Christmas: Solomon Ratt (th-dialect, with audio) December 5, 2017
- Chipmunk Christmas Link Repaired December 1, 2017